File a Claim

Security First offers convenient options to make filing a claim simple for Florida homeowners and renters insurance. Call us, visit online, or use our free mobile app to report a claim.
An illustration of a basic phone.

Call us 24/7 to file a claim.

If your home has water damage, it needs immediate attention. Learn More.

An illustration of laptop accessing the internet.

Use our customer portal, My Security First, anytime to report a claim and submit photos of the damage.

An illustration of using Security First Insurance's mobile app, from loggin in to uploading files.
Mobile App

Download our free mobile app, Security First Mobile. Upload photos to your claim no matter which channel you filed on first.

Special Claims
Water Extraction Services

It's critical that you detect and prevent further water damage right away. Water damage may be hidden within the walls or floors of your home, increasing the risk of ongoing damage.

A large percentage of claims result from the accidental and sudden discharge of water. The source of the water may be from broken pipes or such things as overflowing dishwashers, refrigerators, and washing machines. Water damage is very serious, especially in Florida. Check your home regularly for potential problems and be proactive about leaks.

Security First has partnered with companies in multiple locations throughout Florida that will remove the water and dry out your home. These companies will respond to your needs as quickly as possible. When you report your claim to us, a claims examiner will be in touch with you to discuss emergency services.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click each question to learn more about how to file a claim, minimize additional damage to your home, and what to expect during the claims process.

Our Claims Department has a toll-free number you can call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The number is (877) 581-4862. If you have identity theft protection and suspect identity fraud, please call PrivacyMaxx directly at (800) 676-5696. For property damage, customers can also use our customer portal, My Security First, to file claims online, upload photos of the damage, and check the status of a claim.

Protect yourself and your family. If you must move out of your home, keep all receipts for any temporary lodging and any other expenses you incur while out of the home.

Protect your property against further damage. Make temporary repairs and keep receipts for any repairs that you do make. Please do not make permanent repairs until the adjuster has had a chance to inspect the damage. If a water loss of any kind has occurred, it is important that you take immediate steps to stop the flow of water and dry out your home. If you need assistance in drying your home, Security First will provide the name of a company that will send a representative who will advise you, free of charge. You are, however, under no obligation to accept the services of that company.

  • If you have experienced a theft, notify the police. Be sure to report to the police, all items that have been stolen.

  • If you have lost a credit card, be sure to report it to the credit card company immediately.

  • Prepare a list of stolen or damaged property. As best you can, include the manufacturer, model name or number and place and date of purchase. If you have receipts, manuals or photographs of the lost or damaged items, gather them and make them available to your adjuster.

  • Take photographs of the damage.

Should you have a loss to the interior of your home from a plumbing line, washing machine hose, dishwasher hose or other plumbing fixture or from an electrical item, save the item or part that caused the loss and show it to your adjuster.

You will be contacted by a representative who will give you the name of your adjuster. If you have damage to your home, your adjuster will then call you to arrange a time to inspect your home.

The adjuster will take photographs and measurements. Be sure to point out to the adjuster all areas of the house where you have found damage. If you have damage to personal belongings, show all of those to the adjuster. If you have receipts for temporary repairs or additional living expenses while you had to be out of your home, give those to the adjuster. Be sure to ask questions if there is anything you don’t understand.

The adjuster will submit an estimate and a report to his or her supervisor. The adjuster does not have authority to issue payment or determine if your loss is covered. If a payment is to be issued the supervisor will request it. A check, a copy of your estimate and a letter explaining the payment will be sent to you. If there is a question as to whether your loss is covered an examiner will discuss it with you and you will receive a letter from Security First.

The choice of a contractor is yours, although we do suggest that you research your selection. Security First has identified contractors in your area who are licensed and insured. These contractors will warrant their work. Your adjuster can provide you with information so you can contact one or more of these contractors.

Your claim may have a deductible applied. When you add the amount of the deductible to the amount of your payment, you will get the total amount of your loss. If you cannot find a contractor to do the repairs for that total amount, contact your adjuster, who will work with your chosen contractor.

Identity Theft Claim
Report Suspected Identity Theft

It is very important that you investigate any suspected identity fraud immediately – even if you aren’t certain, call PrivacyMaxx directly at:

(800) 676-5696